Friday, September 24, 2010

First Day Home

Callie was born July 27, 2006 in Lavaca, Arkansas.  Daughter of a registered poodle (father, Curley Joe) and a registered pomeranian (mother, Sandy), Callie could have been a registered hybrid pomapoo if I had only sent in the form!  I visited Callie once when she was a very small puppy, and was given some photos to remember her by until I was able to take her home.  Here is Callie at approximately three weeks old:



On 9/22/2006 I picked up Callie from Green Acres Kennel - almost exactly four years ago!  She was nervous in the car, but quickly fell asleep on my lap; I think it took about 12 seconds to fall totally in love with this tiny dog.




When we got home she bounded exuberantly through the yard, sprinting, hopping and chewing in turns.  It probably took less than a day to start calling her our "little bear"; she was a tiny ball of fluff with something bearlike in her face and little black ears and claws.  At 16 weeks she weighed 2.03 lbs. and was extremely cuddly!



I've compiled a short video to give you an idea of our first (adorable) days with Callie.  For your enjoyment, here's The Little Hopping Dog's First Day Home!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love this video - the music is perfect! I love seeing the little bear when she was so little! I don't know how anyone can see her and not be desperate to cuddle her or at least find another little fuzzy to love on.

    ReplyDelete