Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I'd just like to take a moment and wish everyone out there happy holidays!  We put up a tiny tree and a few ornaments in the living room, and it certainly adds to the festive mood.  It's small, but sometimes the little things really mean a lot.  Speaking of little things, here is Callie, basking in the glow of the Christmas tree!




Here in Montreal the weather has definitely gotten wintry - as you can see, the first "real" snowfall piled up well above Callie's head!  But she is jolly, as long as she doesn't have to stay out there too long!  Soon we will be heading down south for some much-needed time with friends and family.  Not to mention a slightly more Callie-friendly climate!




Since it is almost the holidays and we were feeling festive, I bought a fun little collar for Callie to wear.  She was a good sport about it, although I probably won't bring this one out too often!  Still, she looks happy (and/or comical) enough!



After we come back from the holidays, fundraising efforts will begin in earnest.  As I've mentioned before, I think my first attempt will be a bake sale at Concordia, and the start of the year should be a good time to ask for help from hungry students!  I have lots of offers to help bake (and maybe to help sell), so I think this will be a good place to start.  Hopefully people will still be in a giving mood even after the holidays have finished.  Stay tuned for updates as the event approaches!

Until then, thank you all for reading, and we wish you a very happy (and warm) holiday season!

1 comment: